WhatsApp has evolved from a simple messaging app to a versatile communication platform that caters to both personal and business needs. One of its powerful features is the ability to create channels, known as WhatsApp Broadcast Lists, allowing businesses and individuals to send messages to multiple recipients simultaneously. In this article, we’ll walk you through the process of creating a channel on WhatsApp.
Create a channel
- Open WhatsApp Web, and go to Channels by clicking the Channels icon
- Click > Create channel.
- Click Continue and continue through the onscreen prompts.
- Add a channel name to finish creating your channel. You can choose to change the name again at any time.
- Customize your channel: You can choose to customize your channel now by adding a description and icon or wait until later.
- Add a channel description: Write a few words to help potential followers understand what your channel is about.
- Add a channel icon: Add an image from your phone or the web to stand out.
- Click Create channel, and you’re done!
Now that you’re all set up with a channel, learn how to share an update here. You can find and share a link to your channel from the channel info page.
To get to your channel info page:
- Open Channels by clicking the Channels icon.
- Click your channel, and then your channel name.
- Click the Copy link.